Geography & Conflict landscapes
Welcome on the personnal website of Rémi de Matos Machado, Ph.D. student at Université Paris-Diderot.
My research focuses on conflict landscapes, especially on the Verdun battlefield. It includes multidisciplinary approaches:
- Remote sensing and GIS: LiDAR data processing, landforms recognition and extraction from DEMs, battlefield maps
- Geomorphology: morphometric analysis of conflict-induced landforms, understanding of erosion processes
- Archaeology: surface survey, battlefield and landforms interpretation
- Statistics: multivariate analysis (self-organising maps, principal component analysis, hierarchical ascendant classification), landforms classification
- Computer programming: semi-automatic mapping
- Ecology: flooded shell holes inventory
On this page, you can find information about my research activities, CV and publications.
Photo credit: Rémi de Matos Machado, Gettysburg National Military Park (USA)